Create Elegant Place Cards Using Watercolor and Gold FlakesJan 22, 2020
Learn simple techniques on how to work with delicate, handmade cotton rag paper, gold leaf flakes, and watercolor to create lovely place settings. This free class is meant for those needing a boost of inspiration directed toward pouring some elegance over your next event, big or small. It is meant for those who already have a grasp on watercolor and/or calligraphy (if you're not there yet, scroll down for some resources) so you're able to take what you know and apply it to a chic, exquisite project.
It's less of a lesson-based class and more of a walk-through. The intent is that it will feel as though we're sitting down and creating together, so grab a glass of wine, and let's get started.
What you'll need:
- Wet media paper (this class uses handmade cotton rag paper from www.fabulousfancypants.com)
- Brush pen or calligraphy pen (this class uses an oblique holder from www.inkmethis.com along with a Nikko G nib: https://amzn.to/2IC510N and Platinum Carbon Ink: https://amzn.to/2IENmpc)
- Gold leaf flakes (this class uses Nuvo Gilding Flakes (gold): https://amzn.to/2GFkdoj)
- Watercolor (this class uses DS colors Hematite Violet https://amzn.to/2Lm6iXH and Cascade Green https://amzn.to/2kezweO)
- Glue stick or glue pen (this class uses a Tombow glue pen: https://amzn.to/2s02Dqy)
If you feel that you could use a little more guidance in watercolor and/or calligraphy, check out these classes. You should feel much more confident to start this class project after finishing them!