How to Add Emails to Safe SendersDec 16, 2020
In today's tech world, spam emails are alive and well. Gross, nobody wants them. However, because spam filters aren't human and have no way of actually knowing what we want to definitely receive or definitely mark as spam, we might have the wrong emails filtered out, when we actually do want to be receiving them!
This is often the case when it comes to signing up for a company or a person's email newsletter or notifications via email because they're being generated from an email service provider rather than a personal email address.
For this reason, I recommend taking the time to add the emails from those who you do want to receive emails from to your safe senders list.
Safe Senders for Gmail:
- First, if you find the email you actually wanted in the spam folder, mark it "not spam."
- Regardless of where the email shows up, though, you should click on the down-pointing arrow next to "Reply" and then click to add to your contacts list.
Safe Senders for Yahoo:
- First, if you find the email you actually wanted in the bulk folder, open the email and mark it "not spam. -OR- If you find the email you wanted in your "Blocked Addresses" list in "Settings," open the email and click "Remove Block."
- Create a filter. Click on the gear icon and select "Settings" on the top right (or "...More" in the navigation bar).
- Select "Filters" on the bottom left (or "Filter Emails Like This...")
- On the Filters page, click "Add"
- Click on the "From header:" rule and add "contains" and then enter the domain or the email address of who you want to be receiving emails from (for example: "thepigeonletters.com")
- Click "Choose Folder" in the drop down menu and select "Inbox"
Safe Senders for Outlook/Hotmail:
- First, if you find the email you actually wanted in the junk folder, mark it "not junk."
- Check the "Blocked Senders" list to see if the email address comes up. If so, click on the Remove button.
- Now, click Settings
- Click View all Outlook settings
- Click Mail/Junk Email/ Safe Senders and Domains
- Add the email address you wish to whitelist and save
OR Microsoft Outlook Desktop:
- Click Options on the Tools menu
- Click Junk E-mail on the Preferences tab
- Click Add on the Safe Senders tab
- Add Address of the email address you want to whitelist
- Click OK
Safe Senders for Comcast:
- Click Address Book on the left navigation menu
- Click Add Contact
- Enter the email address you wish to whitelist within the General tab under Email Address
- Click Add
- Check to see if you have "Restrict Incoming Email" enabled, and if so, do the following:
- Select Preferences
- Click "Restrict Incoming Email" - If Enable Email Controls is set to Yes, select Allow email from the addresses listed below
- Enter the email address you wish to whitelist
- Click Add
Safe Senders for Office 365:
- From the Exchange admin center, select Mail Flow
- Click the + icon and click Bypass spam filtering
- Click Apply this rule if... for The sender... domain is (e.g. thepigeonletters.com)
- Click Stop Processing more rules and Save
Generally, if you add the email address to your address book, this is the easiest way to ensure delivery. And always remember to check your spam/junk folders!